Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

~Mashiroiro Symphony~ Cuteness and Romance

 
Mashiroiro Symphony -The Color of Lovers- It's an anime based off a romance and drama Visual Novel/Eroge doused in sugar and sweetness with a mix of all the wonderful character tropes and a 100% sweet perfect male lead.  Sounds pretty generic right? But it is that sweetness that has drawn me into the silly little storyline, well, not that there is much of a story line as it's mostly slice of life random adventures revolving around the characters two schools merging together.  A co-ed and an all girls school merging in an anime, of course lulz will ensue with the male students being thrust into an all girls school.  Anyways, keeping with tradition and my lack of a want to do more than show pretty screenshots.  I have just picked five shots from the ending animation to show you after the jump.

Since the male lead is so generically boring and perfect I just pretend he does not exist and only pay attention to the girls and the cat. Seriously, if I found a guy that was THAT annoyingly perfect in real life I may have to kill him.  Anyways, onward to the best parts of the show, the five main female characters/love interests.  I might add that so far 6 episodes in, no hint of the shows Eroge roots have surfaced, it is all clean and drama like.


Airi Sena.  The main love interest in the anime (so far)
Airi Sena.  The perfect student, daughter of Yuihime Girls Academy Principal.  She plays the role of the tsundere at first, rejecting the idea of the merger with Kagamidai Academy.  Of course she is forced to partner with our wonderful generic male lead for class activities and student council.  As per normal flow of these type of stories, she warms up and falls in love with our main character.  Blushing, stuttering and general embarrasment are a given for this girl.


Sakuno Uryuu.  The little sister who is OMG cute.
Sakuno Uryuu.  The cute little (step)sister of the male lead who I refuse to acknowledge his existence. Sakuno is in my opinion the cutest of all the female characters.  She is a very quiet person who does not seem to show much along the lines of emotions.  Which leads my thoughts down the path of is she really just quiet? does she have mental issues? is she going to go School Days on everyone at the end because of suppressed rage?  Anyways.. not a blood related sibling means its still ok for perfect step brother to pursue her? Maybe I should find the VN and play it.. It's not incest if they are not blood related right? Right!? RIGHT!?!???


Angelina Nanastu Sewell aka Ange.  The 'Stray' Maid!
Angelina Nanatsu Sewell aka Ange is the token maid character! A self proclaimed "Stray" maid she desires to find her master and serve him or her forever.  Her strange name comes from being half British, it is possible that is where she picked up the maid background (that was like three weeks ago, I don't remember what happened in that episode that gave part of her background).  She decides with great joy and frolicking that the boring main male is her master. Cue maid actions and adorableness.  Cue my growing hatred towards the male lead.


Miu Amaha.  Her mind is in a different place than ours. Animals mean the most  to her.
 Miu Amaha is quite possibly the kindest character I have seen in anime recently (that I remember).  She has founded the unofficial Nuko club to rescue and take care of animals that are in need of help. (A note, the club becomes official in the 6th episode).  With the help of Sama Inui and the oval cat Pannya, they break the rules of the school and care for animals in need.  I'm pretty sure she won't be a viable love interest in the show based on how little screen time she seems to get verses Airi, Ange, and Sakuno.  Which is totally fine, I would rather she end up with Sama Inui <3 .


Sama Inui.  My yuri daydreams in this anime are fueled by her.
 Sama Inui.  I love her because she hates the main male just as much as I do!  A member of the Nuko club with Miu, she initially does not mind the integration of the male students into the school, but thankfully this changes and she becomes my hero.  My imagination paints her as being in love with Miu, but that is mostly the Yuri Vision kicking in as I am pretty sure she just doesn't like boys and does not want anyone taking advantage of her sweet Miu.  Anyways, until someone hits me with a bat I will continue to watch her and Miu with my trusty Yuri Goggles and hope that they end up happily together at the end ^__^ .


Pannya.  The reason everyone should watch this show.
Forget romance, forget drama, this adorable oval cat is the ENTIRE reason you should watch this show.  Pannya is an adorable ball of more adorable cuteness.  Just look at her!


Numbers for quantifying my thoughts on the anime as a whole. Scale 0-10. 0 being vomit worthy, 5 being generic of the generic, and 10 being perfection.  This is my opinion, YMMV.


-Story- 6/10 Romance with hints of harem, nothing really new, but enjoyable and sweet anyways. 
-Characters- 5/10 male lead.  8/10 Girls.  I am biased, I like cute girls. 10/10 for PANNYA!
-Animation- 7/10 Characters are detailed, hair is multi-shaded, the OP and ED have a very nice artsy style that I like, backgrounds are detailed and quite pretty in fact, the facial expressions fill my screenshot folder ^__^ .  Everything is good, but nothing stands out as spectacular (look at C3, Mawaru Penguindrum, or Hanasaku Iroha for spectacular animation).
-Music- 7/10 OP and ED are sufficiently catchy that I DL'ed the songs.

-Overall - 7/10 (episodes 1-6) worthwhile to watch if you like slice of life romance shows.  I like this show, I watch it the moment it finishes downloading every week. I'm kinda a sucker for stories filled with sweetness and cute girls, even if I hate the male lead.

Oh I suppose I will tell you the leads name, It's Shingo Uryuu. He is perfect. He should die in a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment